The Cloud County Coop was founded in 1950 with an original capacity of 250,000 bushels. The cooperative expanded in 1953,1958 and 1975 bringing the total capacity to one million bushels. In 1985, six acres of land west of Concordia was purchased along Highway 9 and began construction of a 530,000 bushels facility. With the growing demand for more storage this facility was expanded to 890,000 bushels.
In 1992, we purchased the Jamestown Cooperative Elevator in Jamestown, Kansas. This added an additional 741,000 bushels to our then 1.2 million bushel capacity.
On May 1, 1999, four grain cooperatives and farm supply cooperatives in North Central Kansas joined together to form AgMark LLC . AgMark LLC. purchased the west Cloud County Co-op facilities located west of Concordia on Highway 9. The facility was upgraded to 110 car train loader. At the time Cloud County Coop was a 30% owner of AgMark LLC. In May of 2003, the Cloud County Coop purchased the Delphos Coop's 10% share increasing Cloud County Coop to 40% ownership of AgMark LLC.
In 2004, construction of new four concrete silos began for an addition of 1,073,000 bushels at our Concordia location began and was completed in 2008.
In 2011, our board began the process of adding four 630,000 bushels bins located at the AgMark Train Loading facility. Today the Concordia and Jamestown locations capacity has reached 2,297,000 bushels with and additional 2.5 million bushels in our bins located at the Agmark train loading facility.
In 2015, the three owners cooperatives of AgMark agreed to restructure the shuttle loading facility in Concordia creating a new entity call Concordia Terminal LLC. Effective February 1, 2015 the former AgMark shuttle loading facility in Concordia is owned and operated by Concordia Terminal LLC which is owned 70% by Cloud County, 20% by Farmway Co-op, and 10% by Randall Farmers Cooperative. AgMark will continue to do the grain marketing and Cloud County is managing the day-to-day facility operations. In 2016, the Concordia Terminal announced the purchase of ownership by Central Valley Ag
In 2015, the three owners cooperatives of AgMark agreed to restructure the shuttle loading facility in Concordia creating a new entity call Concordia Terminal LLC. Effective February 1, 2015 the former AgMark shuttle loading facility in Concordia is owned and operated by Concordia Terminal LLC. At the ownership was purchases by Cloud County Coop, Farmway Coop and Randall Farmers Cooperative. In 2016, the Concordia Terminal announced the purchase of ownership by Central Valley Ag. The Concordia Terminal LLC is currently owned 65% by Cloud County, 9% by Randall Farmers Cooperative and 26% Central Valley Ag. Cloud County is the managing partner and handles all day to day operations. The Concordia Terminal is a proud owner of AgMark LLC.